Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Referral!!!











We got our referral!!!! I can almost hear the Hallelujah Chorus now. Carol actually called and told us about Henry yesterday, but she sent us the pictures of him today. We will meet with her tomorrow to take care of paper work.


Our Henry was born on March 10, 2009, and he was 7 lbs. 4 oz. His Korean name is Joon Seong Lee. Seeing his picture makes it very real that someday -- maybe Jan. or Feb. -- we're actually going to get our son!!!!


When Carol called yesterday she had to leave a message and she called Brent at work. He actually found out before I did. It's pretty ironic because for the last month whenever my phone rings I drop everything I'm doing to rush to the phone hoping that it will be Carol. Yesterday I heard the phone, but I was in the middle of singing Trixie her songs to put her down for her nap. I wanted Trixie to nap early because I have to wake her up early so we can pick up Lydia from kindergarten. So when I heard the phone I thought, "That won't be Carol!" and ignored the phone. I'd say God has a sense of humor and a sense of irony. We told the girls about the call over supper and for a minute I thought Lydia was going to cry because she was so happy. When the girls saw the pictures tonight they kissed them and carried them around and looked and looked at them. We are all so happy! :)

16 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Ohhhh, Henry is precious, precious, precious!! And the photos of your girls with his picture are so sweet.

Congrats on your son!! What an incredible blessing!!

~Rachel

Megan said...

Oh this made my night, I am SO happy you got your little guy's referral! Love the name Henry too, hope he is home soon!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!!!!! What wonderful news. I'm so happy that you have met your son. I hope that the wait to get him into your arms is a short one!

Anonymous said...

Aw, your girls are so sweet. :) Congratulations!! Henry is a cutie pie. What wonderful news!

Cori said...

What a sweet little guy! Congrats to your family!!

nancy and eric schwartz said...

This is so wonderful! Congratulations over and over again!
thinking of you and the fam,
nancy, nolan, and eric

The Gronewold Family said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you! Carol is my SW as well and she mentioned today during our visit that a boy came in this week! So excited! Congrats! He is darling!

Kristen said...

He is so cute - what a lucky little boy to have two big sisters! The Call always comes that one time you don't rush to the phone...I bet your TC will be the same way!

Anonymous said...

could the pictures of your girls with henry be any cuter???? i don't think so! congratulations!

Angie said...

Woo Hoo Lisa and family!!!
Henry is super cute and I am praying for fast-moving paperwork. I am so happy for your family!!

Jill said...

Lisa and Brent, I cannot wait to meet Henry in person. I am so happy that this day has finally come

Unknown said...

Love your blog. You are inspirational. Thanks for sharing the link with me.

a little leprechaun said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news! I followed over from the Biehls'. May the time go quickly!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable! I found you via Jill's blog!

Min said...

Congrats! Your photos of your daughters with Henry's referral photos are so sweet. What a lovely post!

Guatorean Daddy said...

What a sweet boy! I'll keep an eye out for him next week....they probably won't notice the extra kiddo at customs :)