Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Exploring Seoul


After Beth's meeting with Jee Min, which went amazingly well, by the way, we went exploring! We mastered the subway and went to Namdaemun market (even though it was raining). We were surprised at all the neon lights and how lit up everything was. We ate in a little Korean restauran for lunch and had lettuce wraps and a potato pancake that was delicious, but I have no idea what it was called. After dark we noticed that food vendors brought their carts out and lots of people were walking around. We then took the subway to Dongdaemun where we went in the high rise "Doota" mall. It was crowded and had upbeat music playing -- it was a happening place. We went to another Korean restaurant where food is cooked right at your table. We had the sirloin steak for 44,ooo won -- that's just under 44.00!! It wasn't even a big piece. Luckily we split it and with all the extra food they bring you we had more than enough food. Outside there were more food vendors and even a couple stages with people singing on them and we even saw a carnival ride. Who knew things would be so hopping on a Wednesday night! What a fun city. Tomorrow I get to meet with Dr. (Mrs.?) Kim, meet Vanessa's son Gus, and my last meeting with Henry -- can't wait!













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun that you and Beth get to explore Seoul together! We went to the "Doota" mall also - I remember that music well! Enjoy your last visit with Henry. :)

Vanessa said...

I am totally crying and I know I won't sleep tonight! I am so excited and grateful that you would take some of your precious time in Seoul to visit my little guy! I am officially stalking your blog now ;)

Cori said...

How fun that you and Beth get to spend time together! Enjoy meeting Dr. Kim, she is lovely.

Anonymous said...

You spent over $40 for that steak!!?? Dang woman, take it easy! Don't you know I've got an adoption to pay for?

xoxo
Brent

P.S. It's good to see that there is some English visible at that restaurant - American Express, Visa, and Pepsi.

Jen said...

It's great that you are having such a wonderful time! Enjoy!