Friday, April 2, 2010

Visa Interview


Well, Henry's visa interview was scheduled for today, April 1. Since April 1 was already over, I went ahead and called the National Visa Center (NVC) to see if the interview had actually taken place. For the first time I actually received good news -- yes, the interview took place.


Many friends have asked me how Henry could be interviewed since he's only a year old. It does sound funny, but no, Henry is not expected to answer any questions. The foster parents probably have some questions to answer, but they do need to take Henry with them. This is a relatively new rule. It used to be that the child was not required to be at the interview. I kind of like the fact that Henry had to go to the interview. With him in the room there is no question that he is the correct child for the papers they have in front of them -- no chance of getting the wrong child!


I had to include this picture of cupcakes. My very *sweet* friend Jill (who's been through this process herself) made these cupcakes for me because she knew I'd be calling the NVC today. Notice that there are 5 cupcakes -- the number of people in our family when we bring Henry home. :) And of course she put Henry's initials on the cupcakes. What a thoughtful gal! Everyone got to eat a cupcake in celebration of the good news from the NVC. If I had not heard good news I think I would have eaten all 5 cupcakes myself!!


Our social worker told us that our Travel Call (TC) would probably come in a couple weeks. I have been looking at the timelines of people who recently brought their child home from Korea and for all of them the TC came 4 - 7 days after the visa interview. Here's hoping ...

5 comments:

IP Journey said...

Yeah! I am so glad you finally got good news at NVC. I can't wait to read your post about the Travel Call! =)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for that TC!!! So happy for you & your family! :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yipppeeee!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

I still think your call will be this week...... Happy Easter to the K family.... your last one as a family of 4...... So much to celebrate today....

nancy and eric schwartz said...

This is AWESOME news and there is no better way to celebrate than with a tasty little cupcake!